Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Midterm Proposal (summary)

Inner Beauty
   My midterm proposal for my final project. It is solely based on inner beauty and what it means to be beautiful in your own way. I will be creating a video of me making my project which will be a mirror, but the frame will have one half of this piece to have negative comments of what people generally say to others. While the other side will have positive comments and the mirror will have very little a closely that you must observe the mirror and look at yourself basically and it will say “You are beautiful.” The reason why I chose this theme as “inner beauty’’ is because I can relate to 
this project as well as my other close friends who I can relate to with. Mainly this project is for my 

best friend who does struggle from her demon's time and time again and I can personally relate to this 

project as well as showing others that no matter what always let yourself know that you are beautiful 

male or female.


   
The two most influential people that caused me to think of this project was Frida Kahlo and Ana Mendieta. I learned about Frida the same time I learned about Ana Mendieta which was in my last semester's art class who talked briefly about Frida. My focus was Ana Mendieta I felt as though she had so much power during the time she was known, causing a lot of other female artist to go out of their comfort zone. While both are my favorites Mendieta was the one female artist that caught my attention the most. All her pieces while one of my favorites which was the one, I posted on the blog of the “facial transplant.’’

No comments:

Post a Comment