Wednesday, October 2, 2019



During my visit to the art gallery, two pieces of artwork really stood out to me and should stand out to everyone. Since this is what we all contribute to and suffer from on a day to day basis.




I want to admire two artworks of Artist Olga Mercedes Bautista starting with the Photograph Series of “Bonding with plastic”. Here we have two photographs of a scenic area of the sort, in nature first being a wide shot and the lower one is sort of like zoomed in version. In the photos, we see random particles of plastic amongst the rocks and trees. I look at them as very sad but beautiful and powerful because it truly captures how there's plastic everywhere around us.



It is a shame because you hear of stories like mount Everest being polluted by garbage and waste by adventurers seeking to the top, and climate change all over the world and yet we still have people such as our very own president who does not believe in climate change.

The next artwork installation from Olga Mercedes Bautista is also called Bonding with Plastic. I feel like this is a very powerful piece because of the message that is sent with plastic and what looks like a tree branch. I can relate to these pieces because as a hiker and traveler, I come across so much trash in the most beautiful locations. It's hard to ignore the ugly in the beauty of it all. I believe we are in a great time in society to be aware of climate change and our everyday trash affects wildlife, our plant and eventually us.
























ReplyForward

No comments:

Post a Comment